Spring walks and a surprising find (Holy Water Receptacle)

I'm trying to keep my daily step-count up. Now that Spring is in the air, I have discovered the Botanic Gardens, just adjacent to my kids' school. I knew it was there, but somehow it hadn't registered with me that it would be an easy, fun, and scenic place to walk.

The kids have to be at school by 7:45am.  It is easy for me to drive round to the Botanic Gardens car park, to start my walk there. What gorgeous, majestic trees they have as you enter and wander past the cafe. Some gardener has spent a lot of time canopy raising huge Macrocarpas, so they are like umbrellas in the sky. It's just lovely, and soothing.

Spring has come. Hellebores, flowering cherries, forsythia, rhododendrons and daffodils are all making a real show.  It's easy to do 3km without even thinking you have done 1km. There's so much to look at.  Best of all, there's no-one there at that time of day, the air is cool (no sweating!), and the Avon river is a quiet background.

In other news, Matt had the brilliant idea that on the Camino we should take some "holy water".  I intend to snaffle some of the blessed water from the font in the ChristChurch Cathedral. He reckons when we arrive we will be cleansed inside and then we should sprinkle our faces with holy water, then we will be cleansed outside also.  In a moment of brilliance I purchased this little beauty as my receptacle!

Comments