Good to be back on the road - 21.5km today

Verdant, lush, pretty, in full Spring, Galicia is a temptress, waving her bluebells, fluttering her bird wings, and singing cuckoo.

Who can resist her charms? Not me!

Though today was longer than I like, I enjoyed the balmy warm weather (not too hot), and the birdcalls. The path wound through a succession of decrepit smallholding farms. For the first time we have seen cattle out in fields, rather than in sheds.

It was rather like walking in Yorkshire. The same moss covered stone walls, the same creeks, the same small green fields.

I struggled with the length, but in the afternoon I joined forces with an interesting lady from Puerto Rico, and her fun company helped to ease the kilometres.

Left 8am, arrived 4.30pm! Whew....but I made it, that's all that counts.

Comments