Pamplona for a rest

The bulls run through the old town of Pamplona but we walked slowly. And only around the walls. We had booked a place the night before and headed straight to it. This took us off the Camino route and alongside towering medieval fortifications, then past the Bull Stadium where the Matadors fight the bulls.

It was a short 5km walk into Pamplona through scungy outer suburbs covered in graffiti and litter. However the inner city is vibrant and modern.

Matt sent us in search of food, and I had a delicious Spanish Omlette with Crab, nothing like an NZ version of this dish. It was in tiered layers and decorated with Crab and cheese like a cake with icing.

I still had plenty of life in me so set out for the Church of Santa Domingo. Lucky for me they were celebrating Mass and I took communion. Then some pictures.


Afterwards I went into the post office to try to buy some stamps to send postcards. First you take a number, then wait your turn. After 15 mins and only one person had been served I gave up. With 6 people still ahead of me in the queue it seemed pointless. Everyone was huffing and puffing, Spaniards included.

The weather has been kind to us but watch this space, tomorrow it is supposed to rain.

Comments