Tired and slow, but passed the 100km mark

It should have been an easy day. Not too much up and down, a little over 20kms, and good weather.

But, I was tired. Walking was hard. My legs were wobbly and my will at a low ebb.

The day was actually very pretty walking. Rolling country, the first of the grape vines and olive groves, and a good walking surface.   I struggled on, encouraged by Matt who took some things from my pack and put them in his to lighten the load.

We went through some very picturesque small villages set on hillsides, inevitably the path went up to the church and back down afterwards. Some buildings and water fountains were very old.


After lunch just as I was feeling disheartened we came to a bell which said "Ring for good vibrations" . We both rung the bell, who can resist! 10m later a Rest Stop, donations only. They offered oranges, chocolate, wine and even a mini library set in an olive grove. Matt and I took a chair, drank some wine, ate oranges and peanuts and revived enough to go the last 5k into Lorca where we have decided to stay the night. The path leading out of the grove was on a Roman road which was very interesting.

We have passed 100km!

Comments